theverge Tech

It’s a new month, which means there is another stack of books hitting bookstores to check out.

I recently finished John Scalzi’s The Collapsing Empire, and I had a lot of fun reading it. I’ve largely enjoyed the books that I’ve read from him, and I had the chance to chat with him back in February about this new one.

It’s a very utilitarian space opera novel, one that’s fun to sink into, but it isn’t quite as serious as books like Ann Leckie’s Ancillary novels or Iain M. Banks’ Culture series. As Scalzi noted in the interview, it’s his job to be a gateway author for the science fiction genre, and I can see how this book would be a nice jumping-off point for some of the other, heady books in the canon.

In the meantime, though, there’s a...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/2omKXFs
via IFTTT
Previous
Next Post »

StatCounter