theverge Tech

It seems like yesterday that I put together the September book list. Where did the month go?

I’ve been trying to read more non-fiction and specifically non-genre books recently. My background is in military history, so when I first saw Josh Dean’s The Taking of K-129: How the CIA Used Howard Hughes to Steal a Russian Sub in the Most Daring Covert Operation in History, I was intrigued. The book is a really fascinating look at a chapter of the Cold War, about a mission to recover a sunken Soviet submarine from several miles under the ocean. It’s an engaging and interesting history, and I’ll bet that someone is going to snap up the movie rights at some point.

In the meantime, though, there’s a ton of science fiction, fantasy, and horror...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/2hEzjDo
via IFTTT
Previous
Next Post »

StatCounter