theverge Tech

As I take the first of three yellow LPs out of the box, my heart is beating fast with excitement. I gently place it on a turntable, hit play, and go lie down on the couch, the lights in my living room dimmed to a minimum. An old man with an Austrian accent starts speaking in a calm voice.

“As the Secretary General of the United Nations, an organization of 147 member states who represents almost all of the human inhabitants of the planet Earth, I send greetings of behalf of the people of our planet. We step out of our Solar System into the Universe, seeking only peace and friendship, to teach if we’re called upon, to be taught if we are fortunate. We know full well that our planet and all its inhabitants are but a small part of this...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts http://ift.tt/2xPeFpN
via IFTTT
Previous
Next Post »

StatCounter